Feb. 5th, 2015For the 2nd year in a row, I will be participating in the upcoming Biophysical Society 59th Annual Meeting! Please stop by my poster at the exhibit hall on Tuesday Feb. 10th in Baltimore.
Jan. 14th, 2015My latest review is hot off the press at J Roy Soc Interface!
Nov. 18th, 2014Ph-inished-D! I successfully defended my thesis "Mechanics and Mechanotransduction of Adherent Cells". I am honoured that it was nominated for an award. :)
The HeLa cell image that adorned my front page:
Feb. 3rd, 2014I'm so excited to be attending & exhibiting my work at the upcoming Biophysical Society Annual Meeting! Come and chat with me at the exhibit hall on Feb. 17th. at the Moscone Centre in San Fransisco (one of my favourite cities).
- Haase, K., & Pelling. A.E. "Investigating Cell Mechanics with Atomic Force Microscopy" Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 12(104), 20140970 (2015) pdf
- Modulevsky, D.J., Lefebvre, C., Haase, K., Al-Rekabi, Z., & Pelling, A.E. "Apple Derived Cellulose Scaffolds for 3D Mammalian Cell Culture." Plos One, 9(5): e97835 (2014) pdf
- Al-Rekabi, Z., Haase, K. and Pelling, A.E. Microtubules mediate changes in membrane nanomechanics during contractile activation. Experimental Cell Research (2014) pdf
- Haase, K. & Pelling, A.E. The Role of the Actin Cortex in Maintaining Cell Shape. Communicative &Integrative Biology (2013) pdf
- Haase, K. & Pelling, A.E. Resiliency of the Plasma Membrane and Actin Cortex to Large-Scale Deformation. Cytoskeleton (2013) pdf
- Haase, K. & Rouhi, G. "Prediction of stress shielding around an orthopaedic screw: Using stress and strain energy density as mechanical stimuli." Computers in Biology and Medicine (2013) pdf
- Bukoreshtliev, N.V., Haase, K. & Pelling, A.E. Mechanical Cues in Cellular Signalling and Communication. Cell and Tissue Research (2013) pdf
- Guolla, L., Bertrand, M., Haase, K. & Pelling, A.E. Force Transduction and Strain Dynamics in Actin Stress Fibres in Response to Nanonewton Forces. Journal of Cell Science (2012) pdf
- Haase, K., & Rouhi, G. "A discussion on plating factors that affect stress shielding using finite element analysis." Journal of Biomechanical Science and Engineering. 5(2): p. 1-13 (2010) pdf
- Haase, K., Al-Rekabi, Z., & Pelling, A.E. "Mechanical Cues Direct Focal Adhesion Dynamics." Prog Mol Biol Transl Sci. 126, 103 (2014) pdf
- Haase, K., Tremblay, D., Pelling, A.E. "Mechanotransduction: Probing its Mechanisms at the Nanoscale using the Atomic Force Microscope", Takeyasu, K. ed. Atomic Force Microscopy in Nanobiology. Pan Stanford Publishing (2014)
- Al-Rekabi, Z., Tremblay, D., Haase, K., Leask, R.L., Pelling, A.E. "Computational and Experimental Approaches to Cellular and Subcellular Tracking at the Nanoscale". Musa, S.M. ed. Computational Nanotechnology: Modeling and Applications with MATLAB. New York: CRC Press, pp.333-361 (2011)